Friday 19 June 2009

It pays to know where you are...


Mornings that begin badly are usually due to:
  • lack of clean socks;
  • missing shoes;
  • hour-long snoozing;
  • arriving on time to an extra enthusiastic train; and
  • arriving early to a tardy one.
This morning there were no socks and the train was pulling up as I got to the station! What made things worse was a couple of westy-bogans (not the traditional type) were talking so loudly that the whole carriage could hear.

Long story short: I left my scarf on the train, which fell off my lap as I got up to leave the carriage and only realised when I left the station gates.

I Stood there and pondered for a minute whether I should do anything about it or if I'd get it back.
Talked to the gate-guy.
Went back to the platform and talked to the white flag-waving peoples.
Told them:
the time the train arrived
where it was going
which carriage I was in
up or down?
2 or 3 seater?
front or back?

Moral of the story: know where you are - get your shit back!

Oh yeh, station-master-lady made a call and told me to wait. They found it at St James :)

No comments: